Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bound or Free...

How are you bound? Are you free?
Folks always say they can do whatever they want to and say whatever they want to…
But how true is it, really…
In the world of writing…I see so many people bound by what is popular…
If someone says something sells…
Immediately some writers will jump on the bandwagon, forgetting what they wanted to say…
And try to say what everyone else is saying…
There is absolutely no freedom in that…
Then there is the mother who worked hard all her life…
Saved her money and is looking forward to her golden years…
However,
She has that one child who just can’t get it together…
Instead of allowing him or her to stand on their own two feet…
She is constantly doling out all she has…because someone…
Has told her that she is supposed to mother her child from the cradle to the grave…
No matter what it costs her…
Or how bitter or hurt she may become…
That my friends is bondage of the first order…
Or there is the relationship…
Where one partner feels it is their sole responsibility to make it work…
No matter what the other partner does…
Or doesn’t do…
They will hang in there and make it work…
If it kills them…
Because one day they will be able to look back…
And say, ‘I hung in there, no matter what….
I made it work’….
Well people in my observation…
These situations and others like them are the antithesis of freedom…
Or of living really…
We can all learn from what others have done or are doing…
But true freedom is knowing what talents we have and making them work for us…
No matter what is popular…
It is also saying no when we know no is the only answer that will allow those we
Love to grow and allow us to live…
Every morning when I wake up…
I promise to value myself…
And value others…
At the same time I promise myself that I will do things in the way…
That works for me and if there is an audience for my work…
They will be there based on what I can provide…
Not through someone else’s voice traveling through me…
I will also say no unless I absolutely want to say yes…
And will carry my own weight in my relationships…
And allow my loved ones to carry theirs…
angelia

6 comments:

Yasmin said...

But true freedom is knowing what talents we have and making them work for us…

Another good blog...YGG...I loved it!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks Sister!!!!!

Love and Blessings

angelia

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I will also say no unless I absolutely want to say yes…

I am working on this one myself. It's hard.

Great post as usual, sis. I plan to send you the interview questions later on today. I'm so excited that you said yes to an interview on my blog. :-)

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Gwyneth,
it is extremely hard but so very necessary...I look forward to them...

blessings...

angelia

Unknown said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Well put my sister!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks Linda,

blessings...
angelia