Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why Even Go There?

Something that absolutely bewilders me is when people take on something:
That has nothing to do with them…
Something;
They can do nothing about…
Something;
Needlessly exhausting…
Or something that is straight up,
Not their business….
I can’t figure it out to save my life,
Yesterday I had a couple of conversations with people who were agonizing,
Over someone else’s business…
Trying to figure it out,
I was thinking, ‘Baby if you focus on and solve your own stuff, you will surely have accomplished something…’
Also as I was floating around blog land,
There were all these posts about this or that,
I could actually feel the anxiety or angst waft off the page,
I hurried up and got on past that…whew…
There are those who probably find me too be to laid back or too,
UNCONCERNED…
But I will tell you I am concerned about much,
And those things that I can change or fix or assist in,
I will take those on…
However, when I know from the starting gate that there is not a thing a sister can do…
I don’t even sign up for the race,
I leave those things to the better qualified and more talented,
‘Cause I know what I can do,
And God knows I know what I can’t,
And I refuse to wrinkle my brow,
Or aggravate my digestion by taking it on…
But hey, that’s just me!

Love and Blessings!
Angelia
http://www.angeliavmenchan.com/

8 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Here, here.... *clapping wildly* Here, here!

Great post, sis!

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

Angelia,

Your post is right on time. We could save our self a whole lot of stress if we just let folks handle their own business. You can still be the best friend or sister to the person without getting emotinally deep in the situation.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Lady G and Sistah Shelia,
You know I am right, it just don't make sense...and it is wasted energy...

Smooches!
angelia

Jennifer C. said...

You are so right. I learned early on in my 20s to mind my own business when it comes to other adult's problems. Their issues have nothing to do with me.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Umm Hmm!

mama deep

Michael Horvath said...

I could not agree more. Many people like the drama though. I think I am allergic to it so I try to stay far away. I know I have enough of my own stuff to deal with much less someone elses.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

MPH,
isn't that truth!

Blessings!
angelia

Dera Williams said...

A word to the wise is sufficient.