Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Monday, June 29, 2009

Quietly...

Yesterday a friend mentioned how quiet I was,
We were at a luncheon and a lot of buzz was going on around me,
I was eating my lemonade cake...ummm and minding my business...
I kissed her face, telling her you know me,
When I have nothing to say, I don't fake the funk,
She said, 'I know and I love it...' Smooches...
I sit still and stay chill...
Nothing to say is nothing to say,
This morning I was talking to my son and we talked about our sameness,
How when we are done, we are done...
We move on as quietly as possible,
No hullabaloo...or boo hoo hoo,
Just move on,
Fold up our tent and step...
A bit later I was talking my husband, man, baby father,
And he and I touched on our sameness,
How we try to stay focused on self and us,
And leave other folks to their madness...
I am telling you the God's truth...
Something I discovered a long time ago,
Is that focusing on my business and business of my family,
Is more than enough to keep me busy,
Fill my days,
And my nights...
And it is so DAYUM PEACEFUL...

BLESSINGS!
angelia

5 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

Still trying to get my child to understand this. She gets in everyone's business and I try to tell her it will comeback to bite her hard. One day they will listen. When I'm quiet people believe I'm upset. Don't know why, but if I'm quiet it's because I have nothing worth saying so I keep my mouth shut. No one can ever say JC said anything.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Jen
she is a baby, she will learn under her own speed, sometimes it takes bumped heads and bloody noses....

SMOOCHES!
mdeep

shelia said...

Angelia, that's one thing I've had to learn. I love all my friends, they know I do, but some bring more drama than others. My cup runneth over right now and although I want to be there for everybody--I just can't anymore. If anyone were to ask, I would have to say, "Just because I'm quiet, doesn't mean I don't care; it just means I might have even more stuff on my plate to bear."

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Sister Shelia,
I am feeling you....

SMOOCHES!

Dera Williams said...

I have to learn also. It's hard though for an opinionated person. LOL