Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Monday, July 7, 2008

Mind Change...

Sometimes a sister simply has to rethink things,
Do a mind change, enforce perogatives...
My office is in the process of considering Telework,
Which basically means, working from home,
X numbers of days in a payperiod,
I immediately said, "Uhn Uhn, not me, my home is my oasis, not interested in work infiltrating my space, mostly ringing phones."
For the most part, I still feel that way,
However, for the past couple of days,
I have worked from home,
My office is in the process of relocating,
So phones, internet, etc. has been down,
I have loved it!
I haven't gotten many calls,
But the ability to answer emails,
Reconcile,
Redistribute,
And work without interruption has been amazing,
I'm still not sold out on Teleworking,
Am not even sure if I am as disciplined as I once was,
However, it is certainly something to consider,
When I am feeling a bit burnt and need a bit of reprieve,
I am not signing on yet,
But I plan to maintain a woman's prerogative,
To Mind Change!

Blessings,
Angelia
www.angeliavmenchan.com
www.mammproductions.com

10 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

Hey now remember that change is good. This is just what your body may need. But if is only once in awhile you don't want to hear the buzz of the gossip mill and the water cooler talk, then at least you have the option.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Jen,
you are right, it just might be what my body needs and change is good...and I love options!

Smoochesn
angelia

Gwyneth Bolton said...

There are pros and cons to working from home. As a professor I do a lot of prep-work, grading, writing, etc from home. I could do it in my office on campus, but sometimes you can get more done without interruption at home. That's good. The drawback for me is that the line between work-time and my-time gets blurred sometimes and it feels like I'm always working. And the fact that people--like my sister--think if I'm not in front of the classroom teaching, I'm not working... LOL.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Gwyneth,
that is exactly it, I don't want blurred lines or people forgetting that work is work, I don't want to forget it either...I have been really careful for so many years about not mixing up the two...

Blessings,
angelia

'Cilla said...

Angelia.. this is a hard question. My job provides telework and half of the staff works from home. I am not that disciplined to work from home - I could watch the View, Oprah, or a movie or two; wash clothes, clean the floor or go shopping for books. Not to mention, the kids would find reasons to be home with me.

I don't think I could handle home and work being intertwined that much. I'll admit... I do spend a good amount of time at work handling personal stuff but I do get majority of my work done with little interruption since everyone that is supposed to be at work is home. Maybe in a few more years this will be a great opportunity for me.

Options are good for everyone! Smile

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

'Cilla,
it does take a great deal of discipline, that's why I know I couldn't do it all the time, on days when my plate is full, I could handle it, but on slow moving days, I would probably not be very productive...Options are great, so is knowing yourself...giggling...

angelia

Yasmin said...

I would love to telework...and wouldn't hesitate to say YES...office already have one and will use it for WORK so that the rest of my house will still be home...and sis with gas prices out-of-control...shoot...let the state ask...I'll be the first one to sign up...hehe.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Yas,
the gas is a consideration, and I have an office also, for MAMM Productions...I may decide to do it, those in my regional office have been doing it for months now, and they love it.

Smooches!
angelia

Poetic Genesis said...

Decisions, decisions...I'm with you on pros and cons. I'm not sure I'd be disciplined enough to do it. May have more fun than work production. But it would definitely tempt me.

Choose wisely Mama Deep. We know all that glitters ain't gold.

Luvu

Genesis

Dera Williams said...

My daughter is working from home a couple of days a week and will be moe than half time in September. I would love to work from home but I work in a service oriented profession, a community college and it mandates face-to-face contact. There are probably only one or two people in the District working from home and they have no student contact. Great post.