Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Thursday, February 21, 2008

On and On and On...

I often wonder what it’s like to be ON all the time,
Sometimes I watch comedians and think,
They must be real quiet at home,
I can’t imagine what that must be like to have to turn it up to full volume,
All the time,
I can remember in my youth, I would have friends who had to be the life of the party,
They always had on the shiniest clothing,
Laughed the loudest,
Danced the wildest,
I would often wonder,
‘Does it take all that to have a good time?’
I see it nowadays with folks who are always selling themselves,
Not necessarily when they have a product,
But just constantly selling,
Telling the world how wonderful they are,
Seeming not to realize that usually that can be seen,
And doesn’t have to be told,
That’s the same crowd who never stop chattering,
Talking incessantly,
Cutting off anyone who is speaking,
Or sending all their emails in HUGE, bold letters,
Where does that come from?
This past weekend I was sitting with a couple of people and the conversation,
Never ended,
It was as though there couldn’t be any down time,
As soon as there was a pause,
One or the other would fill the air with words,
Whew,
I was a tired sister when I rolled up out of there,
Some of my best times are with folks,
Who can converse with the best of them…
But know how to take a pause and allow the beautiful quiet to roll around them,
Many of the young people I talk to are like that,
They can allow no down time,
It’s as if there is a hurricane of words in their bellies,
And if they don’t spew them out they will implode or explode,
Gotta get heard, be seen, make a point, prove something...
That’s one of the biggest challenges, telling them they can get the same or usually,
Better results if they simmer down, slow down, listen to what’s being said,
Roll it around inside, allowing it to make sense, then responding….
It’s amazing how many good decisions are made under those conditions,
There will also be less apologies to make, because a well thought out response or reaction, will usually have a greater impact…with a lot fewer casualties…
So I tell them turn it off sometimes,
Take it easy,
Chill,
All the good stuff takes time…

Blessings,
Angelia

http://www.angeliavmenchan.com/

4 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

But know how to take a pause and allow the beautiful quiet to roll around them,

Yes. I never understood people who are constantly the life of the party. I can be on. But I need to be able to turn it off for a minute for my own sanity.

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Exactly Gwyneth,

smooches,
angelia

Jennifer C. said...

Like Gwyneth, I can chat it up like the best of them, but then I fall silent to just take in somethings. I have a good friend who I talk to every day and when I become quiet she thinks I either hung up or she lost the call. Sometimes I just have nothing to say so I keep quiet, when I find myself forcing a conversation, I have no clue what in the world I'm speaking about, so I chose to keep my mouth quiet and my mind at ease.

"All the good stuff takes time…"

Good things come in due time. Yes I truly believe that. I love my silence and younger people always wonder, why I am sitting in silence. I love to tell them that is my solitude and I can hear all my thoughts clearier when it is quiet. Plus I'm a mother of loud children, so any time I can have a moment of peace and quiet, I take it and embrace it.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Jen,
I am so glad you are feeling me, I love to have time to process, that is the beauty of my husband and sons, we allow each other all the down time we need...it's a beautiful thing...

smooches,
angelia