Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What Will It All Mean?

We are living in amazing times, politically...
No matter how this all turns out we will have seen so many firsts, yet again...
I have always been intrigued by firsts...
In lesser ways I have done a few first things,
And I never knew how to feel when it was pointed out to me...
Happy because it was me?
Or distressed because it was usually such a simple thing, surely some other Black student, person, woman had done that?
Yesterday it felt particularly poignant, as I sat in a staff meeting, there were twenty +,
There was a tap on the door,
Someone opened it and the Black fedex guy walked in to get the machine signed,
He looked at me, then looked again, my instincts told me he wasn't double taking cause I was cute...
I could see the startled look on his face,
Then it occurred to me,
My goodness, I am the only Black person, or person of color in this room,
Hadn't given it much thought in years,
Hmmm,
I am excited by the possibilities,
And the implications,
Last night as we heard the GA returns come in,
One of the talking heads found it intriguing that Senator Obama,
Had not only cleaned up with the Black vote,
But had cleaned up with the Male vote, crossing racial boundaries,
Hmmmm,
Intriguing times indeed,
I can't wait to see how it all plays out,
And I am waiting with bated breath to see...
What Will It All Mean...

Blessings,
angelia

Is No Not Clear Enough For You?
http://www.angeliavmenchan.com/
Signed copies, Free Shipping

7 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I hear you sis. I'm waiting to see how it turns out as well. Interesting times indeed...

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Lady Gwyneth,
we are in for some changing and intriguing days ahead...so much to think about, talk about...hmm

blessings,
angelia

nickyjett said...

"But had cleaned up with the Male vote, crossing racial boundaries,
Hmmmm,"


This doesn't surprise me at all. Men seem to respond to the idea of hope and love quicker than women. We, women, on the other hand (most of us)rather remain hopeful and the objects of love - ha ha ;-)

It was an exciting Super Fat Tuesday!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

NickyJett,
it was indeed exciting...

blessings,
angelia

Yasmin said...

It will be interesting to see what happens in November!
xoxo

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Yas,
It will be interesting to see what happens in November, but for me what will be more interesting is what comes beyond the election...

blessings,
angelia

Poetic Genesis said...

I know what you mean about firsts... we share them...

I was listening to Michael Baisden today and one of his callers made a very interesting... um confession (i don't know what else to call it)

He (a white male) said that Obama has so many while male votes because they are more sexist than racist. YES... they'd prefer a black man over a white woman in office...

what you know no good?

I had to call the hubby on that one... never thought about it that way...

we've got work to do

G-Nice