Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Friday, March 7, 2008

Rainy Days and Favorite Things...

Today it is raining, and the forecast indicates it's going to rain all day,
Cool,
I was out of town all last week and working like nobody's business this week
To avoid going in to the office today, after having Friday's off for several years,
It's hard to go in, makes those ten hour days worth it,
Now that we have a deluge of water I can stay home inside,
Enjoying my favorite things,
First up is my coffee,
I love coffee, it's one of my vices, my kids bribe me with starbucks gift cards,
Then my plan is read the newspapers,
With my feet up on my favorite footstool,
I love knowing what's going on around me, gotta stay current,
Periodically I will get up, peeking out the window at all the raindrops,
Falling on my rose bushes,
For those who don't know, I love plants, I have green arms, got it from my mama,
Then I will write two chapters, that's my new thing, two chapters a day when in writing mode,
After that I will pitter around pretending to do some housework, QQ...
While music is playing, today I think I will listen to all Anthony Hamilton's CDs,
Another fave,
I will make a nice lunch for one,
Then read a bit,
Today I am going to start and finish,
Orange Mint and Honey by Carleen Brice,
This will find me tucked in the corner of the sofa with my favorite,
Throw over my legs,
Reading, dozing, thinking, chilling,
Wow, I love rainy days and favorite things,
What are you up to today?
And What are some of your favorite things?


Smooches,
angelia

10 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Sounds lovely, sis. Enjoy. Today I have to do one of my not so favorite things... go to the dentist. But I like having teeth so I gotta do what I gotta do. I just ordered Orange Mint and Honey. It sounds like it's gonna be a great read. I can't wait.

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Lady Gwyneth,
I don't like the dentist either, but teeth are a must...Orange Mint and Honey came highly recommended, hope you enjoy!

Smooches,
angelia

Anonymous said...

I'm working today but I'm happy about it. I'm a secretary so my job is a breeze.

I like to sit on the couch, leaning on my man while I read.

I like listening to the stories my kids tell me about things going on in their imagination.

I love to just sit and think about whatever pops up in my mind.

I love crafting cards, soaps, candles, and of late, sewing (but I'm still learning...lol)

I like to play with my guitar even though I have no technical skills on it. It still sounds good to my babies.

I like to listen to my kids play with the piano.

I like to watch my son tap dance.

I love when my daughter draws my name in graffiti. She's very good.

I like and love so many things I could write a blog about it...lol

and I luv u Mama Deep

Stay peace and Happy Friday!

G-Nice

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Love you too G-Nice and look for your book next week, that Sweetest Taboo is a wild ride from start to finish...

smooches,
angelia

Anonymous said...

Good morning. Angelia, when you get a chance check out Lizz Wright's new CD The Orchard. I think you'll like it. Her sound is a mixture of R & B, neo-soul, bluesdy type. It's a CD I highly recommend and I like listening to while relaxing.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks Sheila,
I love NEO Soul, Anthony is my favorite of all time, but Jaguar Wright and so many others do it for me also, I am going to purchase on your recommendation...

blessings,
angelia

Jennifer C. said...

I love the rainy days also just dream. I feel so relaxed when I hear the raindrops and the smell is awesome...refreshing.

I love to listen to meditative music and read or write. Especially my rain forest or waves with the steel pans banging in the midst.

I love laying down and having my kids play in my hair.

I love when my three year old puts lotion on my back, his little fingers tickle me.

I love looking at my sons drawings, he's good.

I love seeing plays, especially any that has singing in it. I love feeling the expressions through music.

I love doodling...I still do it after being out of school for almost 15 years.

Some much to love and so little time to do it. But I squeeze it in when I can.

Carleen Brice said...

Thanks for checking out my book!!!

I can't wait for spring. My daffodils and tulips are starting to sprout and I can't wait for the ground to warm enough to get out there and clean up and plant!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Hey Jen,
we have to make time for the lovely times...

smooches,
angelia

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Carleen,
your book is lovely, it came highly recommended through my review team APOOO@APOOO.ORG, thanks so much for stopping by,

blessings,
angelia