Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Friday, April 4, 2008

Going through...Gracefully...

I am always fascinated by folks when they talk about what they have been through or are going through,
I don't talk much about that kind of thing,
Because I am truly a 'Pray about it and move on kind of girl',
I have horror stories the same as everyone,
Plenty of them,
Many occurring as a very young girl,
But even then God had placed something in me,
That allowed me to pray, forgive, learn from and move on,
And the same is true now as an adult,
I was talking to a friend this morning,
And she asked me how did I do it,
I asked what,
She mentioned illnesses, deaths and stuff that had occurred in my life in the years since she hand known me,
I told her just what I mentioned above,
She then told me that when she had met me nine years ago I looked 'pampered',
Like nothing had ever occurred bad in my life,
I giggled and sent up praises,
Because I knew it was only through Grace,
And that personality quirk I have of forgiving and moving on,
And trying as hard as I can to learn from the transgressions,
Sometimes it's a challenge for me when folks go on and on and on,
About how unfair this is or how unfair that is,
Particularly when they are talking about self-inflicted situations,
But I listen and don't try to state my case,
Because we all go through differently,
But I will say the journey is better, when you travel by faith,
And with Grace...

Blessings,
angelia

4 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

Too bad I learned this late in life. I would still have my youthful skin and face that resembles my daughter's. But I'm still bless and I serve a forgiving God so who am I to go against the lesson he has taught us.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

We learn it when we learn it...

smooches,
angelia

Yasmin said...

Because we all go through differently,

So true!
xoxo

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Smooches,

angelia