Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Friday, September 12, 2008

What's For You...

I remember hearing my elders say,
'What's for you, no one can take away'
For many years that was a parable to me,
I understood it in the abstract but hey,
Now I know how true it is,
I think of all the blessings in my life,
And I know with assuredness,
How true it is,
Most of the things I have or have accomplished,
Were things that were divinely meant for me,
And nothing and no one can stand in the way of that,
I guess that is where real faith comes in,
Because when things are going crazy around us,
And we just can't figure out for the life of us why,
We try fixing it to no avail,
Yet we continue to believe that it will all work out,
And come to fruition,
And have the maturity to know,
That everything was not meant for us...
Hello!
That is how this book thang has worked for me,
Starting out I was pushing and shoving,
Trying to do everything that every 'expert' told me,
To no avail,
Books were selling, people were talking but it simply didn't,
Feel right, so I stepped back reassessed and wrapped my faith
Around what I was doing,
And the process was slow,
Because you better know God works in his own time,
But it started to flow,
In the past couple of weeks,
I was asked to do a radio interview,
Just yesterday I was able to set up two signings for my new work,
When one told me of the numbers I almost fainted,
But I calmed down, because, I knew,
This is how that thing works,
Because what's for you is for you,
You just have to know that sometimes,
A greater power is at play,
One simply has to handle his or her business,
Be patient,
And stay Faithful!

Blessings,
Angelia

Schae's Story: A Woman's Transformation
12/01/2008
www.angeliavmenchan.com

6 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Go ahead and speak on it, sis! This is the capitol "T" truth. I believe with all my heart that anything God has planned for me no one can mess with. Let go and let God...

Have a great weekend and congrats on all the wonderful things happening!

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks Lady G,
it was a hard lesson for a take charge Sistah...but worth it, I stand by, 'We can't make anything happen, we have to allow it to'

Smooches!
angelia

Anonymous said...

True...what God has for you nobody and I mean nobody can take it away. They may try--obstacles may come but God's will--will be done.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Amen, Sister Shelia...

angelia

Jennifer C. said...

Amen! That's the reason why I'm taking my time getting my book out there. I am doing everything I can to make sure everything is the way it ought to be and when God tells me it's the right time.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

In HIS time, Jen, in HIS time...

LoveYa!
mama deep