Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Monday, December 29, 2008

To One's Ownself...

I will take a lesson anywhere I can get one...
This Christmas was so cool, for the first time in a long time I was pretty relaxed into it,
I gave gifts that were about the people I love, and was pleased to see their faces when they received them, I also received gifts that were clearly about me, I was so touched...and I had a lot of laughter and fun! So good...
But the lesson was inside me,
I am organized to a fault, always planning, thinking, showing up on time...
Believe me when I tell you this, I am not bragging...
It is just that one of the things I learned as a young girl, who at times was in chaotic situations,
Is that if one organizes, plans and shows up on time...life is easier, it gives one some control over their life and situation...
However as a woman I developed a bad habit,
And that is organizing, planning and showing up on times for other folks,
Only to realize they are not there when I get there,
And when they get there they are totally unconcerned about being late...
Wow...how nice that must be...
So the lesson I learned is this,
I know I will continue to organize, plan and show up for my ownself,
But, I am going to give it all I have to allow others to do their own thing,
In their own time,
And so long as it does not affect the outcome of my stuff,
Then so be it,
I always tell my family that in my next life I am going to be late and unconcerned,
They roll their eyes and give each other knowing looks...
Well I got news for 'em,
I plan to start in this life,
If not being late, I plan to be unconcerned...at least a little bit!
I am serious!
Honest!
Okay, I am going to try real hard....laughing at myself!

Love and Blessings!
angelia



SUPPORT BREAST CANCER RESEARCH AND READ A GOOD BOOK
SCHAE'S STORY: A Woman's Transformation @ www.angeliavmenchan.com

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Good luck with that, sis! Being unconcerned would be hard for me. I can't stand for folks to be late or keep me waiting. Time is the most precious commodity we have. It's the one thing we can't get more of. So, yes, I get upset when folks waste mine. But I guess I can try and learn fro, the lesson you just offered... It'll be hard though... LOL. ;-)

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Lady G,
I have to try...the other is so exhausting...so we will try together...

Blessings,
angelia