Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Monday, January 5, 2009

In It's Time...

To be still is very difficult when one considers oneself to be a go-getter,
And it has been one of the hardest lessons for me,
I spoke of my faith for so long and I am faith-filled,
But I still had a tendency to try to make things work,
And discovering that I can’t make things work, I have to allow them to, was a hard
One for me,
Mostly, this lesson came in the form of my writing,
When I started, all I heard was you, ‘you gotta hustle, hustle, hustle.’
And hustle I did,
But for whatever reason it didn’t feel right, even when it was working,
I was mostly tired and frustrated because I was spending more time on my hustle,
Than on my writing or on telling my stories…
But a sea change came over me at the end of last year,
I knew I had found what I wanted to do and how I wanted to do it,
But I was…umm, skurred…to relax and let it go,
I also knew that my situation was different, because I didn’t have anyone breathing,
Down my neck with deadlines or telling me how to rewrite this or how that would work,
I was beating myself to a pulp,
But once I decided to relax, write my stories,
Not worry so much about deadlines or bottomlines,
I have to smile here because I know my man is winking and thinking,
“I told her so…”
He would often get on me about not listening to my own voices and reminding,
Me this was just a side show, he had my food, clothing and shelter…
He reminded me to be still and allow myself, all the time I needed,
And it is true,
So many doors I knocked on, no one answered,
They are now knocking on mine,
The coolest thing was with every book I did,
I called this one venue, never got an answer, with Is NO Not Clear I didn’t even try,
But something told me, to try one more time,
So when SCHAE’S STORY was done, I sent an email,
And in less than an hour, I received several emails,
Asking me to do this thing or that thing,
Instead of focusing on why now,
I just gave thanks and got ready to do what I do,
With gratefulness, and with a bit of patience and some stillness,
Because every good thing happens in it’s own time…

Blessings!
Angelia

SCHAE’S STORY and Is NO Not Clear Enough For You? AVAILABLE @
WWW.ANGELIAVMENCHAN.COM

RAMBLINGS: Volume One – Available January 31, 2009

7 comments:

Lena said...

'every good thing happens in its own time' is going to be my "word to live by" for '09.

Michael Horvath said...

I have asked God many times to set his watch to mine. He only responds by telling me he doesn't have one.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Let it guide you Sister Lena :)

angelia

MilesPerHour,
ain't that true!

blessings!
angelia

Yasmin said...

Congrats!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

THANKS Yas,

angelia

Jennifer C. said...

In his time thy will be done.

You doing it the way it was meant to be done any other way would not be the right way for you.

Congrats on being noticed for your skills and talents.

'Cilla said...

All things come in HIS time .. it just requires patience

Always great food for thought Angelia