Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Struggling?

There is always an internal struggle…between faith and the world…
If we are honest we have to admit…
We love the world…
I am a spiritual girl…
Love to go to church…
And hear the word as it’s written…
But no one loves to bop her head to a funky beat…
Or lose her self in the pages of a good, sexy book…
Or most importantly write about people caught up…
In all the struggles…that love and life brings…my characters make no excuses…
They just are...

I had a funny experience a while back…
A friend from church found out I was a writer…
Asked me many times over to bring her a copy of my books…
I told her… ‘Go to my website, read an excerpt, if still interested…
Let me know’…
My sixth sense told me, the mind was closed…
The next time I saw her she was a little reticent…
Finally she told me…
"Wow, you write about interesting topics…" I giggled inside…
I knew she had seen my cuss words…I cuss on paper…to avoid cussing people…
I cheat on paper…well you feel me…
"True…I do…I write what comes to my mind…
Pours out of my heart onto paper…”
We are still cool, but now she thinks…
She knows something she doesn’t…
But that’s okay…
I want to keep them guessing…
Yeah I can believe…
And still achieve…
Does that make me versatile?
Or just controversial…
I am not real sure…
And am really not tripping…
I am just doing it…
How I am doing it…

acVernon Menchan…angelia
Cinnamon’s Universe now available…
acvernonmenchan.com

11 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

And you keep right on doing it, girl. 'Cause we love it! :-)

much love,

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks Ma!!!

Love and Blessings

angelia

Jennifer C. said...

This is so strange that you wrote this today. It is kind of the reading why I have not worked too hard on my writing. I guess deep down inside I am afraid of what my family and friends will think. But I don't curse on paper, and I have finally toned it down in my everyday life.

Keep doing what you do...you encourage me.

Stay Blessed and true to you
JC
ps.you know me as someone else. I will give you a hint APOOO

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Don't be afraid...once you write it your voice will come out true...I hid myself when I wrote my first book...but let me tell you...I could not stop the voices...

love you...
angelia

JustMeWriting said...

I really like your writing style, it's something about how a person chooses to aray their words onto its canvas.

It's really a shame how people judge each other, especially people who claim to be of God. Writing is an art form...you display your world as you see it even if just for that moment.

My son asked me once..."mom, how come you don't write about happy stuff" That question made me think about how I'd appear to an audience (if I had one) Will they think me sad, angre, bitter because of the section of me they just read, so I tried to write about "happy stuff" at that moment, but it was so forced...lol because other thoughts had filled my mind.

This form of expression encompasses all aspects of life ours and everyone else's.

sorry for all that...hahahah, but I'm glad you're Ok with the thoughts you knew went through her head.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

I spend zero amounts of time worrying about what folks will say...once I knew my man and my sons were in my corner and on my side, I was all about the business of handling my business....I know me, let them think what they want...you write Ma!!!

Love and Blessings...
angelia

CapCity said...

I Love this peice, Ms Angelia! I sometimes forward my blog to members of my church who i consider friends and i warn them that the language they read will not be the language they're used to hearing from me. I LOVE all my "sides" & personalities.

sometimes i even love the shocked look on faces of those who "think they know." LOL!

KEEP on TRUCKIN' Baby!!1

Hugz!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks CapCity...

love when you come by, spreading the love....

gracias

angelia

CapCity said...

U know I got mad luv for u & your blog-thoughts Mahma Angelia! Got to come through to get my periodic boosts:-).

MsJayy said...

I know the feeling. But I remind myself that (1) God hasn't condemned nor corrected my words so neither will they and (2) people are going to think whatever they think. Keep doing what you doing Sis!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

msjayy -

you know I will...

Blessings...

angelia