Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Smart not Hard...

Smart not Hard…

Years ago I was a manager at Wal-Mart…twenty-one years in fact…
I had this District Manager…who just didn’t do it for me…
Not one socially redeeming value…but he taught me something…
I have never forgotten…every single morning he would say…
“Let’s work hard not smart.”
That resonated in my heart and mind and is with me to this day…
I hardly ever rush…
Push myself…
In fact more than a few have said…
“You seem to glide through life…” I take that as a compliment…
What I do is plan…
Research…
Then execute…
I don’t shuffle paper for the sake of shuffling paper…
It matters not one whit to me…
About someone seeing a piece of paper…
That proves my hierarchy in the chain-of-command…
Or if at the end of the day…
Everyone knows that my idea was the innovative one…
“Child Please…”
What I want is a finalized…budget, procurement, document…whatever…
That proves we all got the work done…
In the smartest…
Least stressful…
Well done way…
That way at the end of the day…
We can log off our computers…
Grab our gear…
Get in our cars…
Gliding home…
To enjoy the rewards that our
Smart work…brings us…
acVernon Menchan

6 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Great advice! When you work smart I guess it would appear to others that you are gliding through life. Although, I'd add that the planning and thinking that goes into working smart is hard work in its own right. It's the unseen labor. So girlfriend you are working smart and hard. Don't let folks take that mind labor away. ;-)

Gwyneth

Yasmin said...

I heard that...plan it and work it...definitely work smarter not harder...too many other things I want to do.
xoxo

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Thanks Gwyneth...
Yeah but it's a lot easier when you arent caught up...

Yas...
Sis you will do them all...
Love you...

Love and Blessings...

angelia

Gwyneth Bolton said...

By the way, my copy of Cinnamon's Universe just came in the mail. Happy, happy, joy, joy! :-)

Gwyneth

Jennifer C. said...

My father-in-law always ask me if I am working hard or hardly working. I am a mother so I am always working hard, but I do it smartly. I think if I can do it successfully without working to the bone then why not. That is part of the reason why I had to leave the 9 to 5 world due to working hard and feeling drained by the time I got home. I think it is nice to glide through life.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Indeed is it babygirl, indeed it is ...

love you

angelia