Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Reader Eccentric...

The past couple of weeks I read a lot of books, non-fiction, fiction, romance, poetry, AA authors, non-AA, newspapers and magazines...
Someone called me an Eccentric Reader...
I am, I read what I want, when I want...
I curiously asked the person, what made me eccentric,
They told me because I didn't choose...
Choose What?
Choose to read only AA, or only mainstream or only literary, romance,,,what?
They said, 'Yeah'
I said, 'No'...
I told them I read as I live,
I have a diverse group of people in my life...
From everywhere and anywhere,
All they have to be is honest, open and willing...
And my heart and arms are open to them,
The same is true for books,
It simply has to grab me, touch me, make me think, smile, cry gasp...FEEL,
And I will read it,
Feel the same about music...
So yea I guess that makes me a Reader Eccentric,
If you need to give me a title...
I refuse to give myself one or anyone else one for that matter...
I guess that is why when I see topics online about certain types of books,
I steer clear of those...
Simply because I know on any given day,
I am open to reading all of it...at least once...
Because I know, you can hardly ever tell a book by it's cover...
And a risk to open the pages, just might change how you feel...

Blessings,
angelia
http://www.angeliavmenchan.com/

3 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I read all kinds of books, but I do have preferences when it comes to pleasure reading because I have so little time for it these days. I'll read anything from Literary to nonfiction. Written by folks of any color. But I've found that when I have a spare moment and I pick up a book to read just for me, it always just happens to be a work of commercial fiction by an African American author. As for music, I love all kinds of music, all kinds but I have to say that black music makes up the majority of my collection. But if someone looked at my music collection they'd also find some country, rock, indie rock...

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Diversity is the spice of life, AA Books, Music, et al is the vast majority of all I have, I just love that I can make other choices...

angelia

Yasmin said...

kudos...and I'm feeling you.