Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

HOPEFULLY...

Last night I watched the BET Music Awards, I hadn’t viewed it in a while for a number of reasons, in fact I had chosen not to watch many of our music awards shows because for years it seemed to be about something other than the music,
However, last night it felt like it was about the music again,
I enjoyed performances from most of the artists and there was a wide ranging choice,
Al Green, T-Pain, Maxwell, Alicia and Marvin Sapp….
What I most enjoyed was that it seemed to me the audience and the artists were having a good time,
There were pure looks of joy on the faces during the performances,
There was much dancing in the aisles,
Singing along and surprise appearances of a cadre of artists joining other artists on stage,
I can’t really define why that felt good to me,
But it did and I asked my husband, who said he felt likewise,
Maybe it is indicative of all the change that is afoot,
Better changes for all of us,
An exhaustion with the inability for us all to just get along,
Perhaps we are ready to at least try to coexist peacefully,
Realizing that the universe provides an abundance for all of us,
We simply have to show up and receive it with gratitude and thanks,
Maybe I’m over simplifying or naively optimistic,
If that is the case,
So be it,
I will choose to ‘Keep Hope Alive’…

Love, Peace and Blessings,
Angelia
www.angeliavmenchan.com

14 comments:

'Cilla said...

Angelia ... I had given up on awards shows for pretty much the same reason. But there was something that drew me in to watch last night. I had a great time. Hopefully...if they continue in the same manner, we will watch more in the future.

'Cilla

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Hopefully, 'Cilla, Hopefully...

Blessings,
angelia

Anonymous said...

Even though is was dominated by hip hop artist, the element of violence, beef and the like was not there….Soooo refreshing to see black people just enjoying each other! M

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

That is exactly it M, there was none of the negative vibe that had been surrounding shows in latter years...

blessings,
angelia

Gwyneth Bolton said...

It seemed like more of an appreciation for great music. Which it should always be anyway... And they gave Kanye awards this year so he didn't have to throw a temper tantrum... So that probably kept things calm. LOL. ;-) Oh and 50 wasn't there causing trouble, so that probably made all the difference in the world. I need to quit.... :-) I enjoyed the show also.

Gwyneth

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Gwyneth,
I think all those components played in...grinning...

Blessings,
angelia

Yasmin said...

Keep Hope Alive and I'm so sorry I missed it esp. since nothing else was on television worth watching!
xoxo

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Yas,
I was pretty pleased, particualarly with the Al Green tribute and the performances by Marvin Sapp, Alicia Keys, Maxwell and Anthony Hamilton...

Smooches!
angelia

Dera Williams said...

I also enjoyed the show Angelia. It was very tastefully done, bar Little Wayne's lick me up and down lollipop. LOL. I love how they brought back the SWV and them and my baby Maxwell! I loved Al Green's tribute. There were several great moments. Hopefully, the days of gangsta award shows are over.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Dera,
I can live the rest of my life without any more gangsta anything...stop for stopping by...

blessings,
angelia

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama Deep

I was SO pumped it was ridiculous. Of course I was disappointed because it seemed like a lot of the people who won awards weren't in attendance and I'm not a D.L. Hugley fan, but I was singing and shouting (along with my kids). It just felt so damn good. The Al Greene tribute was phenomenal (LOVED Maxwell) and Chris Brown and Ciara got it steamy for a minute. T-Pain KILLED! He was on EVERY collabo nomination except one and that says alot in itself. I really enjoyed my time and tivo'd it so I can jam anytime I want to...lol

I could go on and on...

Hugs and kisses

G-Nice

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

G-Nice,
I am not a huge Hughley fan either but I really enjoyed the show, and T-Pain is definitely the artist of the year...

Love...
mama deep

Anonymous said...

For the last few years I have been on of those people actively boycotting all things Music TV. Be it BET, MTV or VH1. Something about these channels has stuck in craw. Obvious and blatant lack of class that is now reflected in the day to day lives of many of our youth. So when I saw the BET awards on my Tivo I knew the child had done it. So, curious I watched the opening credits to see who would be on. I LOVE music and so I was sucked in.

While I fast forwarded through most of the nonsense (and there was a ton) I must agree that the music was good across the board (with the exception of Li'l Wayne... I know he took about 8 of my IQ points off the stage with him when he left.)

That said I am with you Angelia, for once it was just about the music. No beefin' nonsense. Now if we could get T-Pain to stop looking like Flava Flav Jr. all may be right with the world!

Dana Pittman said...

I agree! It was a really good show. And I must admit Al Green and the Alicia Keys set were awesome.

Dana
www.niapromotions.com
www.niavirtualbooktours.com