Angelia Vernon Menchan

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an author, publisher and public speaker who owns two publishing companies, MAMM Productions and Honorable Menchan Media. Mrs. Menchan is also a Budget Officer and former Job Corps Counselor. To date she has published twenty-three books of her own work, both fiction and non-fiction and more than eighty ebook novellas on amazon.com. You can access her bibliography on www.amazon.com search words: Angelia Vernon Menchan




Contact information:
Website: http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Email: acvermen@yahoo.com
Phone numbers: 904 714 2272 904 303 2679

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SOCIAL SKILLZ...

A few weeks ago an email went out asking participants in a group, how many social networks they participated, in…
Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
One woman, a popular romance novelist, immediately said none,
She indicated that she was in a few writing groups but beyond that she found the others to be time-wasters…
For awhile I was concerned about her safety, because folks get rabid about their socializing…
I honestly admitted that I had a presence on Myspace,
But rarely ventured over there,
Never quite got it…socially unskilled I guess,
I do have a slightly larger presence on Facebook
Periodically I post something,
And I respond to those things that appeal to me,
Rarely do I play the games or quizzes,
Not really my thing,
But it’s cool,
I also twitter,
Find it funny to post little viginettes,
And a way to small talk with those people I know,
Or respond when something tickles me or catches my interest,
But by no means am I one of those people who tweet all day,
Or respond to every tweet or follow everyone or get twisted about who follows me,
Maybe I should, but I don’t,
Which is what brought me to this,
Someone told me in no uncertain terms that they were going to un-follow me,
I was unsure how to respond,
So I said,
Okay…
Didn’t even ask why,
I am sure they had their reasons,
I have un-followed someone,
But didn’t feel the need to say anything,
They were tweeting a lot of misogynistic and sexual stuff,
And I just wasn’t interested in reading all that,
So I stopped following ‘em…
End of story…
Maybe I am lacking in a certain set of social skills,
But it seems to me we get way too serious and twisted about,
Oh yeah, I am going to say it,
Simple stuff…
There are greater issues and bigger goings on,
If only we were as passionate about them…

LOVE PEACE and BLESSINGS!
Angelia

http://www.angeliavmenchan.com/

3 comments:

S.D. Denny said...

That someone would feel the need to announce an "unfollowing" is amazing. I've also felt at times on some of my social networks that I no longer wished to "connect" with a person or two, but thought it would be best if just "done" in silence. Seems that making an announcement is equal to asking for a conversation about it. If it's really that important, why not just go to that person and say, "Hey, can we talk?"... As usual, I've enjoyed my visit here today and thank you for your time! Be blessed...

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

SD,
I thought about it, but was inclined to let it go...hope you are well...

Blessings!
angelia

Dera Williams said...

You have to gage yourself. The Bible says "Be temperate in all things."